U.S. Border Collie Handlers Association’s 2021 National Sheepdog Finals
Belle Grove will host the 2021 U.S. Border Collie Handlers Association (USBCHA)'s National Sheepdog Finals Tuesday, October 5- Sunday, October 10, 2021. The top-ranking sheep dogs and their handlers will qualify for this event that will crown the North American champion. More information about the sport may be found here. (Image is original artwork for the 2021 National Finals Poster by Peggy Wilkinson.)
The event will begin with open preliminaries Tuesday, October 5-Friday, October 8 (7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.). Those who qualify will compete in the Saturday, October 9 semi-finals (7:30 a.m.- 4 p.m.). The top dogs and handlers will compete in the finals on Sunday, October 10 (7:15 a.m.- 4 p.m.).
In addition to the main competition, there will be concurrent finals for nursery dogs (under 3 years of age). Preliminaries will take place Wednesday, October 6-Friday, October 8 (8 a.m.-4 p.m.) and the Nursery Finals will be Saturday, October 9 (8 a.m.-4 p.m.).
Food and merchandise vendors will be on the property during the entire event, please do not bring outside food or drinks.
Tickets are available at the gate during the event. Cash and all major credit cards will be accepted.
- Adults $14 per day (any day), $36 for a three-day pass (any three days) or $60 for a six-day pass
- Youth 7-16 and Seniors 65 and Older $7 per day (any day), $18 for a three-day pass (any three days) or $30 for a six-day pass
- Youth 6 and younger may attend at no charge
The 2021 USBCHA National Sheepdog Finals will only be canceled due to Commonwealth of Virginia restrictions and in this case, spectator tickets will be refunded.
Spectator tickets include touring Belle Grove's Manor House and Museum Shop, which will be open, Tuesday-Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Masks are required when indoors at Belle Grove.
For everyone’s safety, during the event the USBCHA, the 2021 National Sheepdog Finals Local Committee, and Belle Grove Plantation will require all on Belle Grove property to adhere to any COVID-19 protocols which may have been determined by the state of Virginia.
- SPECTATORS MAY NOT BRING DOGS TO THIS EVENT.
- Parking is provided and will be on grass. Handicapped parking will be provided for those with a valid placard.
- Visitors may bring chairs and tents but may not keep them on the property overnight
- Some tent cover will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis
- Comfortable clothing, sturdy, closed-toe shoes, and a pair of binoculars are recommended.
- No outside food or drink allowed.
- No smoking on event grounds.
- Drones may not be used on or over Belle Grove property.
- Mask must be worn when indoors at Belle Grove.
- More questions? Read our FAQs!